Thursday, April 14, 2011

Heaven

When I was in despair

When I thought life was not fair

When I cried out of rage

Because I couldn’t figure out the maze

Every hope doomed to fail

Loneliness prevailed

Horizon darkened

Crater deepened

I lost my faith

Stopped to breath

Closed my eyes, headed for an eternal sleep…..


A voice haunted my dreams

I woke up, my inside still screams

I opened my eyes

Wondered where was I

I was in heaven indeed


I heed a melody undaunted, a gleam

A verse no mortal could deem

A tune unblemished

The language angelic

Smooth like an endless stream


A song that would tranquilize a beast

A song that’s a luscious feast

A notion cherished

The theme therapeutic

Enigmatic like the sun of the east


A new crack of dawn

The dew on the lawn

Smile in the sky

I am on an isle that could fly

It’s a mystic land

Don’t want to know what’s beyond

I could reside here forever

15 comments:

  1. i felt this deep down on my soul.

    Luna


    http://lunawitch15.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. very well expressed one.

    you rock.

    A++

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ luna : thanks so much
    @ jingle: thanks to you and thursdaypoetsrally. i was only concentrating on writing and composing tunes. your blogs inspired me to be a poet

    ReplyDelete
  4. In our deepest fears and loneliest times, our dreams take us to a place where nothing but beauty exists :) and also, it is in melancholy that a poet breathes free the most, in my opinion of course :) thanks for the share; if this was wordpress, I'd have clicked the like button without any hesitation :)

    My Post Is Here

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is heavenly. love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done. Your idea of heaven is a tranquil one of contentment--nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice! my thursday post : http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2010/06/20/me-before-us/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The rhyming was just awesome..and the descriptive words you have used created a marvel..

    Alcina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely and inspiring.I loved every word! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Makes me think of all the times I watched the clock, willing the day to end so i could sleep and dream. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good poem, great rhyme and flow

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great poem, especially the third stanza, great job.

    ReplyDelete